Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snowed In

We currently have over a foot of snow at our house. Church was actually cancelled because of the snow today. We're snowed in for sure now. Yesterday, it seems we got home from getting our Christmas tree just in time. When we got home, enough snow had accumulated in our driveway for the truck to do a little sledding during the parking job. That was exciting. After we slid sideways 3 or 4 feet, my dad decided he didn't need to park all the way up by the shed. He settled for the other parking space.

We got a Christmas tree yesterday. It was a really nice noble fir. It smelled amazing and it was nice and fluffy (you can tell I'm not used to having a real Christmas tree). We got it into the house and on its stand today (yes, I know that Christmas is this Wednesday. don't worry, it gets better!). It turns out, the tree and my dad's sinuses don't agree too well. Now the tree is out on our front porch.... yeah. Tomorrow, the fake Christmas tree is coming into the house, and we are GOING TO DECORATE IT! I'll be thankful now if Christmas decorations are up by Christmas Eve. Oh well, I suppose the true point of Christmas isn't gonna be hurt if our tree is up a little late. And, even though I'm terribly disappointed about the beautiful noble fir sitting on our front porch, I'd rather have a plastic Christmas tree and have my dad's head NOT explode from sinus pressure than have a real tree and...... you get the point.

There is a bright side! I have miniature Christmas decorations up in my room. There are a couple little figurines, some mice in a shoe wearing santa hats and santa on a tree swing. The best part is my little tree. It's a.... yes, it's fake.... it's about a foot tall, and it comes complete with a little beaded garland and some little tiny ornaments. It even has lights! err, well.... okay. The lights broke. So, there are no longer little red flashing L.E.D.s wrapped around my little tree. At least I have a tree.

No comments: