Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Graduation Party

This last Saturday, I had my graduation party. It went pretty well with only a couple of mishaps, but it was a lot of fun and the mishaps weren't a big deal. Okay, a few. Anyway, thanks to everyone who was able to make it; thank you cards are on the way, so if you read this, you should feel privileged to receive 2 thank yous (just kidding, unless you do feel that way). Special thanks to all the people that showed up early for music and other preparation. Also, special thanks to mom and dad for all the organizing, set-up, and food prep. It couldn't have happened without you. Thanks.

So as for the mishaps:

Number 1: the cake.
We ordered two sheet cakes, both white and blue. The first round, they both came out neon yellow and purple. Needless to say, they got to redo the cakes. After redoing the cakes, one came out white and blue, and the other came out yellow and purple. We put the white and blue one out and hid the other one. on the positive side, the white and blue one was the chocolate cake. On the negative side, I didn't get a piece of my own chocolate graduation cake. We have a whole yellow and purple vanilla cake leftover. Anyway, it all worked out okay and I got a piece of chocolate cake today, so it's all good.

Number 2:
I claim full responsibility for this one. So we all decided to try out the long jump. Unfortunately, I was a bit of an overachiever and jumped over the long jump sand pit. In case you aren't keeping score, that's a bad thing. It means that instead of landing in the nice soft sand, I landed on the nice solid ground. My ankle still hurts a little bit, but the limp is just about gone. The dirt streak up the back of my shirt rubbed off fairly easily.

Number 3:
During the party, the weather was great. It was warm, but not too warm, and it was sunny. After the party, it started to rain. This wouldn't have been a problem, except for the sound equipment that we had to get home in the back of the truck. A quick trip over to Wal-Mart and the purchase of a jumbo sized tarp later, we were on our way home safe and dry (thanks mom).

To sum it up, it was a great party, and I wouldn't change a thing (except maybe the long jump incident; see Number 2).

No comments: