Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Losing My Marbles?

If you see someone sitting with their laptop in the cafeteria looking very bored and irritated and talking in a foreign language to their computer, don't worry, I'm just working on online Spanish homework.

For my Spanish class, I have to go online and practice pronunciation by repeating words to the computer through a headset microphone. This wouldn't be too bad except that at our house we have dial-up, which means that I can't work on all of my Spanish homework in the privacy of my home (where people already know that I'm crazy, so it doesn't matter as much).

But no matter how you slice it, other people around or not, it's hard not to feel foolish when you're saying little random words in Spanish to your computer and wearing a rather ridiculous little headset, especially when you have to try multiple times to get the pronunciation right.

No comments: