Saturday, April 19, 2008

Staying Out of Trouble

Ps 119:9-16
9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping {it} according to Thy word.10 With all my heart I have sought Thee; do not let me wander from Thy commandments.11 Thy word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee.12 Blessed art Thou, O LORD; teach me Thy statutes.13 With my lips I have told of all the ordinances of Thy mouth.14 I have rejoiced in the way of Thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.15 I will meditate on Thy precepts, and regard Thy ways.16 I shall delight in Thy statutes; I shall not forget Thy word.(NAS)

Sometimes it is difficult living in a world of sin to remain pure. Okay, always it is difficult. The key is having the Holy Spirit to guide us. Aside from that, we also have the Sword of the Spirit, or the Word of God (Ephesians 6:17). Many of us (myself included) neglect the important aspect in our faith of scripture memorization. But this is important, and shouldn't be forgotten. As it says in verse 11 of the above passage: "Thy word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee." To remain pure, scripture memorization and meditation on the scriptures is important.

No comments: