Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Speaking

I continue to find it amazing how the Bible, a book that was written in part 2000 years ago, and in part, 3 or 4 thousand years ago, can speak to me now. A letter originally written to a church on the Mediterranean in the first or second century AD can speak to me in Washington in 2008. I think that's amazing. And I'm not talking about the "I can kind of relate to that" or "that's a nice story" type speaking to. The word brings conviction, comfort, understanding, and sometimes cuts deep, showing way for improvement.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.(NAS)

No comments: