Friday, March 14, 2008

All Scripture

Last night, the internet and myself were once again having creative differences. So, I was unable to post what I wanted to from youth group.

The lesson was about the Word. More specifically, the Word of God, or the Bible. It's importance, relevance, purpose, etc.

The verses that stuck out to me the most were 2 Timothy 3:16 & 17:

16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;17 that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.(NAS)

It wasn't the fact that it was a new verse. It was just a different way to think about it. It's not just a list, it's a progression. The Word of God shows us what is right (teaching), shows us where we are (reproof), tells us where we need to change (correction), and shows us how to change in those areas (training in righteousness). And why study the Word of God? to equip the man of God to better serve God.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hi Eric,
I've been going to youth group or church a lot long than you. I never heard or thought of the list in 2 Timothy as a progression. I like that. Thanks for sharing.