Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Delayed

Here's one that I wanted to post yesterday.

Reading through Mark, I arrived at the trial and Crucifixion of Jesus in chapter 15.

It is absolutely amazing to me. All the questions His prosecutors asked Him, and yet He felt no need to defend himself. All the insults hurled at Him, all the challenges to show His power and save himself, and yet He chose to stay on that cross; he chose to die. Worse yet, He chose to be separated from the Father.

Mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"(NAS)

He took on the sins of the entire world and suffered true separation from the Father. Wow.

2 comments:

Nate said...

I agree completely but what really stands out to me is that Jesus questioned God. Which is kinda wierd because they're one in the same but seperate. Why have you foresaken me? sounds like something I ask. I always feel guilty for feeling this way, but if Jesus moments before His death and in pain cries out, I can feel assured that my selfish thoughts are not totally off base

Eric said...

I know exactly what you mean. On the other hand, we can be assured that God will never forsake us.