Monday, February 18, 2008

BBs Vs. Paintball

Before I ask the dreaded question, let me clarify:

I am entirely aware that some people are going to have very strong feelings about this subject. I am not trying to start an argument, and in fact, I will say that I definitely don't want to argue with anyone.

What are your feelings on whether airsoft or paintball is better and why?

I will admit that I like airsoft better for the sake of the available accessories and realistic look and feel of the weapons. I have a biased opinion, however, because I've only gone paintballing one time.

As far as I know, airsoft guns have a higher rate of fire, a greater potential for speed and distance, and the advantage of being lighter on the cash long term. As I already said, airsoft guns look more like real guns, and they also feel like real guns, because, well... because they're modeled after real guns.

But then again, I don't know very much about paintball. What do you think?

2 comments:

Nate said...

airsoft do not have a higher rate of fire or greater potential for speed and distance in comparison to paintball. while paintballing on a commercial field, however, your gun in general is required to shoot at or below 300 fps. in part because the paintballs are potentially dangerous.

airsoft while cheaper in the long run, has lighter bb's. these as previously mentioned on danny's blog can stray off track for any reason. and the biggest problem. you can't tell when you've been hit.

currently i prefer airsoft. $$$

AJ said...

We play airsoft with cheap (under 50 dollars guns) and those are spring.
I have shoot an really good ak-47 and heres what I noticed.
Paintballs shoot farther and you tell we you get hit. Paintballs are more shoot faster and straighter.
So paintball is way funner for me because you can just rush some and go for it, ( you can but you would get killed) so i would paintball is funner because it harder and makes you think.
Airsoft is just a bunch of friends who want to shoot each other.
(and don't have the money for paintball)