Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's Just a Bonus

Reading the story about Jesus healing the paralytic, (Mark 2:1-12) something struck me. When the paralytic was brought to Him, Jesus did not first address his physical ailment. What did He say? "Son, your sins are forgiven."

Then, just as a bonus, Jesus healed his physical ailment as well.

Sometimes people get the wrong idea about Christianity. The priority is spiritual purity through Jesus Christ and the worship we give Him because He is our Savior and our Lord. So often, the attitude becomes: "What can Jesus give me next? What will He bless me with? When I have the faith, God will heal me of this or give me that." God already gave us the greatest gift imaginable, He sent His son to give us eternal life. Anything else is just extra.

No comments: