Monday, February 4, 2008

Church Family

Matt 12:46-50
46 While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him.47 And someone said to Him, "Behold, your mother and your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to you."48 But He answered the one who was telling Him and said, "Who is My mother and who are My brothers?"49 And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold, My mother and My brothers!50 "For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother."(NAS)

We all have families, some larger than others. Some are a little crazy at times, and others are just not good. Through Jesus, though, we have another family: the family of God. We are all brothers and sisters through Jesus Christ, and I think that means that the church family is just as important as our earthly families. Jesus Himself is definitely more important than our earthly families:

Matt 10:37-39
37 "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.38 "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.39 "He who has found his life shall lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake shall find it.(NAS)

No comments: