Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Not For Me

I've decided that I am not the kind of person that exercises for fun. Some people are actually addicted to running until they crash, but I don't think that's me.

Weightlifting is okay, but we did cardio in weightlifting class today. Besides the fact that 30 minutes on the stair climber is excruciatingly boring, it is a little bit painful. After a little under 5 minutes (after 10 minutes on the treadmill), a general feeling of tiredness comes. After 15 minutes, the legs hurt and I start seriously considering stopping. Right around this time, I am also running low on moisture in my body, so my mouth is dry and sticky.

The good news: after those first 15 minutes, it doesn't get worse. The boredom doesn't go away, though. Maybe it would be better if I were running outside. Just a change of scenery would be nice.

2 comments:

Nate said...

I find that when I excersize 7 days a week it gets funner as the weeks progress. but if you just start up, it's difficult and boring. I agree.

Eric said...

that has happened with the weightlifting, but I spent a season running in cross country, and it never seemed to get more enjoyable for me. I just don't like running really long distances.