Saturday, February 9, 2008

Shine

Matt 5:14-16
14 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.15 "Nor do {men} light a lamp, and put it under the peck-measure, but on the lampstand; and it gives light to all who are in the house.16 "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.(NAS)

I am not sure how well I've been doing being a light. It seems to me more like I've been hiding in the bushes. Oftentimes, I live my life with my eyes to the ground. I open doors for people, try to be polite, but I rarely talk to people I don't already know. Not exacly a light on a lampstand. I may know less than half a dozen non-Christians, and less than that do I know well.

Surprise, surprise... another area in my life that I need to pray about.

No comments: