Friday, February 8, 2008

Content with Anything

Last night in youth group we finished Philippians. Philippians 4:11 & 12 talk about being content.

Phil 4:11-12
11 Not that I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.12 I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.(NAS)

In America we have a nasty habit of never being satisfied with what we have. As Christians, not being content with what we have is like telling God that he is not enough for us, that we need more. We should be satisfied with our life no matter what things are like, because whether we have plenty or are in want, we still have Jesus.

No comments: