Friday, February 22, 2008

Uff-Da

For a while, I thought I was so sure. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Maybe that was part of the problem.

The thing is, lately I haven't been so sure that what I thought before is really what I'm supposed to be doing. In short, I need prayer. Where should I go to school? What should I major in? What should my career be?

Prov 19:21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but the counsel of the LORD, it will stand.(NAS)

Prov 20:24 Man's steps are {ordained} by the LORD, how then can man understand his way?(NAS)

Seems like that's where God wants me; always guessing. Uff-Da. Or perhaps just unsure enough to depend on Him.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Uff-Da? what does Uff-Da mean

Eric said...

Uff-Da is a Norwegian thing. It is basically a word evoking frustration, stress, confusion, disgust, surprise, or just about anything else you can think of. It serves many purposes.

If you ever end up in a Scandinavian store, they have mugs, t-shirts, bookmarks, etc. that explain uff-da.